Friday, June 24, 2011

Liquid Bread

For this Friday post I wanted to share with you the VERY tasty beer recipe my boyfriend and I came up with.
 
It took me back to my vacation in Vermont this past summer :)
 
You can order beer ingredients online along with the tools to make it at home, or find a local beer supply distributer.
 
 
3 lb. Pale Dry Malt Extract
6.5 lb. Pale Ale Malt
3 lb. Mild Ale Malt
.5 lb. 15L Crystal Malt
2 oz. Warrior Hops
2 oz. Citra Hops
5 oz. Cascade Hops
Northwest Ale Yeast

Steep all grains for 40 minutes at 155 degrees F.  Drain and rinse.  Add Dry Malt Extract and bring to a boil.  75 minutes of boiling.  Add .25 oz of Warrior, .25 oz Citra, and .5 oz Cascade at 75, 45, 25, 15, 10, 5, and 2 minutes of the boil.  Cool to 80 degrees and add yeast.  Dry hop the rest of the hops.  Primary fermenter for 7 days; secondary fermenter for 12 days. 
 
Useful Links:
 
 

 
 

No comments: