Monday, December 12, 2011

Tashan: Chef Sylva

I had the opportunity to shoot the new Indian cuisine restaurant Tashan...

When I walked in I was blown away by the sleek dark interior made up of hand carved tables down to the imported silverware from India. There was a private dining room filled wall to wall with over 3,000 bottles of wine. The FOOD; wow. Delicately prepared and full of flavor with vibrant colors. Each dish had it's own story and the signature cocktails complimented the food without over powering the flavors.

After photographing the dishes I had a few moments with Chef Sylva and took him into the private dining room to photograph him. I loved the swivel leather cushion doors that divided the room and the wall behind him filled with wine bottles. The sunlight coming in through the window I balanced with a kick light in the back that made for a epic chef profile shot.

No comments: