Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stephen Starr Should Be Shaken In His Boots...


   Farmer’s Cabinet

     I originally checked this place out to get a drink with my parents... They actually found the spot on Walnut street, It’s a dark exterior with a pounded copper bar top. You could easily pass it with the bright green irish pubs surrounding it.

    So when I walked in I heard the old western themed piano playing cheery tunes by a costumed western looking fellow wearing his mustache curly and full of hair oil. His outfit along with the animated bartenders were wearing the classic button down whites and black arm garters. The bartender was shaking the drinks to the beat of the piano which was quite entertaining.


    I was there for drinks and was handed a distressed looking menu with hundreds of beers listed! Very overwhelming considering it was written in the language from where the beer was from. Other than the imported they had their own brewmaster that had some amazing beers.

    Going back for dinner I was able to experience the saloon themed restaurant as if it were out of a classic movie. I was waiting for the sheriff to walk in, but that didn’t happen :)

    Everything was lit by real gas lanterns or candles on the tables. The dining room area had walls filled with their different beer bottles and the tables were real dark long wood tables with dark wood benches that seated many groups. I was greeted by a cheery saloon well-spoken waiter that had a old west accent. He probably learned how to do it, but was cool!

    My meal consisted of a cheese spread I created myself with drunken figs, pork, down to the almost ordered stuffed frog legs.

No comments: