Thursday, June 7, 2012

My #PBW2012

The first 10 days in June are Philly Beer Week. After this post I will probably have one more night of tasting beer and specialty foods.

Joe’s family happen to come down on Sunday the 3rd so we all decided to go to Monk’s. I know I go there all the time but their beers are always different and always good. We ordered the usual Spanish Flies and Ghent mussels (which were perfect). I started off strong with a double IPA by Sierra Nevada. It was something new by them and was full of aromas and had a strong finish. After that I had the Dogfish Saison.

We departed from the folks and ventured down to Stateside. I haven’t been there since I photographed their pickled dish appetizers about a month ago, so I was craving more. Stateside is a whiskey bar with great craft beers. They had some specials going on for Beer Week and you could tell by the crowds of people standing outside. It was a beautiful day so all the windows were open and the sun was pouring in. I had a Victory Hop Devil which was fine considering I was still feeling the earlier drinks. I love their huge concrete bar that wraps from the front door to the opposite wall. For how crazy busy it was the bartenders had their ears open and jumped right on our orders.

By the time we left the skies had opened and got drenched all the way home. That was ok because there was a pint of Ben and Jerry’s waiting for us at home.



















Stateside
1536 East Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148

http://statesidephilly.com/


Monk's 
264 South 16th Street
Philadelphia, Pa 
http://www.monkscafe.com/ 

Beer Week
http://www.phillybeerweek.org/index.cfm

No comments: