Friday, October 5, 2012

Pickled Carrots

**Depending on how many jars you have and what size will dictate how many carrots you can fit in the jars.







I made 3 16 oz jars

I bought a pound of carrots, they were huge so I only fit about 4-5 carrots peeled and cut down.

Also I wanted a little kick so I picked up 8 jalapeno peppers and cut them up between the jars.

3 cloves of garlic

2 tablespoons of pickling spice

3 cups vinegar and 3 cups of water (between the 3 jars)


I boiled the 3 cups of vinegar and water and let simmer. While that was sitting I cut/peeled the carrots and jalapenos and divided between the jars. Then poured in the pickling spice and a clove of garlic for each jar.

Once divided I poured evenly in the jars the vinegar and water mixture. If they needed to be topped off I added water.

Tightened the lids and put in fridge for up to 3 weeks before opening.

Enjoy!


No comments: